Sunday, August 22, 2010

A Week In Review

Courtesy of T. Allen-Mercado

- I finished my Job Prep Workshop. Days 4 and 5 rendered some useful information, like, what comes next after this initial step in regaining my footing. I'm proud of myself for not losing momentum. I got a certificate out of the deal, a better understanding of how to sell the skills I have, some tools to help me get the skills I don't have, and the comfort of seeing my support team expand.

- As the workshop was nearing a close on Friday I got the call I was looking for. One from the recruiter with the temp agency I'm registered at. I was supposed to be heading down to their office to sell myself in hopes of being chosen for a receptionist position. Long story short, I was told that I was not chosen, and then called back that evening and told that I in fact had been chosen. Confusion on the part of the recruiter. I spent my Saturday trying to get all of my ducks in a row to be as prepared as possible for today's training. That's right, today is my very first day of work!

- I'm nervous and anxious about what I will be walking into. Its been over 2 years since I've been a part of an office. But that's why training exists, right? At the end of the day, the folks that I will be sharing an office with are just people, who hopefully will not bite as they teach - I will learn.

- I'm just about finished with Emma's school shopping. I started making her neck warmer to go with her beret. I'm considering making a flower attachment to add to her hat. I think that will be extra cute! I got my second haircut since my second big chop. Not exactly a haircut, but just a fresh line to help define my style. Does this mean that I am growing my TWA again? I don't know. I'm rolling as the hair spirits move me. I will be regrowing, I just don't know if that will be right now or come Dec/Jan.

What have you been up to?

No comments:

Post a Comment