Friday, August 13, 2010

A Week In Review

Courtesy of T. Allen-Mercado


- I attended an employment and housing orientation to learn more about services offered by a local organization. I had such anxiety sitting there, taking everything in. The majority of my assistance search has resulted in me finding out that, in order to be assured the help I was seeking, I either had to be a battered woman trying to escape her abuser or have a drug addiction. Just being a regular old plain jane, down on her luck isn't always enough to qualify for certain programs. Luckily, I didn't meet those challenges with this particular program. I have a 5 day Job Prep Workshop to look forward to next week. And then on to vocational counseling, employment services, and housing, with hopefully some mental health assistance thrown in there too. The road to wellness is how I'm viewing it.

- My granddad finally made it back home. He hadn't even taken a nap yet before he and my grandma were in the car and gone. Things to do and people to see. To ignore your limitations is to be both admired and cautioned.

- Emma is officially headed toward puberty. I've been keeping an eye on her little buds for a while now, but last night, we went from colorful boob humor to full on conversations of breast development. Complaints of breast pain, and the sight of swelling landed us in the doctor's office today. Nothing abnormal was found or immediately expected, but considering all the facts, including her age, she got a Bone Age X-ray. The doctor wants to be sure that there isn't anything serious contributing to her early development.

- Got another email response back to a position that I applied for a couple of months ago. It was an office position in a very familiar setting. One I think I would have been happy with, BUT, they too decided to go with someone else. They said they had 300 resumes to review, and there were candidates who better fit the position than I did. Again, this was a position that I was confident I'd be great in. The bigger picture here is that I probably need to be looking in other fields, but I'm made for an office position, so that's where I will continue to try to get my foot in the door.


What have you been up to?


No comments:

Post a Comment