Sunday, August 15, 2010

Dedication: My Quest to Stay in the Fight


Next Saturday, I will hit the road by 7:30am.

I will drive 241 miles to take a state exam, in hopes of getting back in the State Personnel Board game. I did the same thing earlier this year. Set out on a journey, in the pouring rain, driving 80 miles with poor visibility, all in hopes of gaining eligibility for one state list. As you can see, this time around is a bit more ambitious. Will the outcome really be worth spending 4+ hours in the car, and 3+ hours in front of a computer being tested? Well, at least the test results will be worth all the trouble since I'll be allowed to use a calculator this time. This little wealth of information hidden in the fine print is what gave me the extra push.

Now, all I have to do is find a vehicle or a really good friend who can help me make the trip!

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment