Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Getting Ready for Fall


Thanks to Art of Crochet by Teresa, I was finally able to track down a slouch/beret/tam hat pattern that uses the granny stitch. I think these are the cutest hats no matter what stitch is being used, and they tend to look great on everyone, especially when worn pushed back on the head, revealing the front sections of the hair. I have wanted to own one of these hats ever since they became popular, but never had the money whenever I was face to face with one, or never thought about them when my pockets weren't so empty. Now I don't have to want, I can just make!

Because Fall is right around the corner, and so is back to school, I decided to get a jump start on Emma's cold weather gear. Like I said before, I could get lucky enough to draw some interests from her classmates and its just so much more special to wear something made with love! I had some Bubble Gum pink baby yarn left over, so that's what I used for her hat. I want to make a matching granny square scarf, or perhaps a neck warmer if I can find a granny stitch pattern.


I don't know if these hats will become a part of the shop. I'm still playing around with them, and selfishly liking the fact that I am trying new things that may or may not become official items. I've already seen so much that can be done with these hats. Multiple colors, flower attachments, you name it. As the cold air arrives I'll become more ambitious. I can't deny that I really enjoy making these hats, just as much as I like making the Newborn Slumber Hats. Although these hats are not officially a part of the Baby Squares collection, if you're interested in one for yourself or a child, just leave a comment and let me know, or send me an email.

babysquares@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment