Wednesday, June 29, 2011

[Day 18] First Steps

Day 18: A Problem That You Have Had



"It can creep up inside you and consume you, a disease of the mind it can control you."

That which has been a problem in the past, remains one in the present, and will most likely be a part of my future. When I was first introduced to depression as a term, I was six months pregnant, sitting on an exam table across from my doctor. It was then revealed to me that I had been battling depression the majority of my life. My ability to suppress made this reality normalcy. It was nice to know that I wasn't evil as I had been labeled by the adults in my life, but rather in suffering.

Because I am still suffering, next month I will head back into therapy, with the possibility of being medicated. I am hoping for a new approach and new longer lasting results. We'll see where it all leads.

No comments:

Post a Comment