Sunday, December 12, 2010

Ask and Yee Shall Receive

I'm probably one of the worst sales people ever. I don't like being one of those people that you hate to see coming. You know the ones. The ones who are shoving their books and products in your hands before your butt even hits the sofa. That's overwhelming, and I definitely can't be the moderator of an overwhelming experience. That relation can make direct selling a delicate dance. You want exposure, you want to let everyone know that you exist, and you want to make sure that they don't forget, all while not sounding like a broken record or having a one track mind.

My approach is much more subtle. I put it out there and wait for things to happen, which isn't always the best option either. Balancing the two is the key to getting products out there without cramping them down folks throats. Even though Baby Squares has been doing very well here at my 9-5, I am still reluctant at times to push, to advertise, to ask. The holidays have given me a reason to get over that. I am being told to push, to advertise, to ask, so why not? By taking that extra step, my business will not be on vacation this holiday season. I'm grateful for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment