Saturday, December 4, 2010

Christmas Crafting

The beginnings of a scarf and a blanket


Its December! Since most of my funds will be going toward our new future apartment, I thought I should get started making a few gifts. You can never really go wrong with something handmade. Emma has been asking me to make her a blanket for the longest, so I finally spotted the perfect yarn and picked it up the other day. I started her new blanket last night. It will be a classic large granny square, in colors that coordinate with her Princess and the Frog bedding. Thought it would be a nice touch to her new room.


Along with this blanket, I'm making a puff stitch scarf as a gift for someone else. This is my first time trying the puff stitch. I got off to an interesting start, but as the rows progressed I started to see that I was right on target. Its gonna be a nice one. So grateful for Teresa's tutorials! I'll be throwing a few hats into the mix too, and my Christmas gifting will be complete.

How are you handling holiday gift giving this season? Will you be getting crafty? Will you be buying handmade?

5 comments:

  1. I love handmade gifts...you will have to share photos of the finished projects.They look beautiful already. I'm making a few hats myself and some fingerless mitts this year for gifts, along with some holiday baking. I like to keep the holidays simple. I'm so sorry about your car. I can understand you being overwhelmed and angry...I would feel the same. You're in my thoughts. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl, any time you take on something, it's great! I have no doubts that even though this is a new venture for you, that it will be ALL THAT and then some. Go girl!

    I was thinking of doing collages but my days are so filled with trying to move and all, I don't know how/what/who/where...or even IF!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much Debra! I will definitely share some pictures of the finished projects. I love looking at your projects. They are amazing and comforting. I hope that you will share pictures of the things you're working on too! Thanks again for the words of encouragement.

    @ Traci: Thanks Sis. I know how much you love making callages. I think once you get settled you should just dive right in. Surround yourself with all your materials in a little workspace (you have a that HUGE desk) and get busy. I'm gonna need a collage in my new space!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The colors are beautiful, and I'm sure the blanket will turn out beautifully as well. Would love to see the finished product.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you. I will be sure to post pictures of the finished projects!

    ReplyDelete