Thursday, September 9, 2010

Its Been a Long Week


I'm exhausted.

Each car ride home from school I find the reflection of my sleeping daughter in my review mirror. Obviously she's pretty exhausted too, although she usually refers to this feeling as boredom. I've started getting up at 6am instead of 6:30am. The extra 30 minutes gets us out the door 20 minutes earlier, and through all the traffic that stands between us and the school. Its a loooong drive. I honestly wish we were closer to the school. Its insane to make an hour drive out of the way just to get your kid to school each morning, but I will continue to do it for as long as I have to, because I have to. My daughter's academic progress is proof that this sacrifice is completely worth it.

On the fluke, I landed another job this week! Two days a week, I'll be paid to snuggle with an adorable 4 month old. This opportunity was very unexpected. I happened to just be in the right place at the right time. Today was our first day. It was a crash course. I took in her cries and her coos, becoming accustomed to exactly what she needed and when. Fortunately, I'm a fast learner. We ended on a beautiful note, and will spend more time together next week.

This makes (paid) job number 3. And the irony is that I'm still broke. I'm coming up on my second paycheck from my office job, which will undoubtedly all go toward bills. Business at Baby Squares is slowly trekking along, and I am not 100% sure when payment for baby will begin. I'm going with the flow though. Slowly but surely.

No comments:

Post a Comment