Sunday, August 7, 2011

Getting Ready for Fall

The clouds have been rolling in, and even a light mist has graced us here in the Bay Area, a sure reminder that Fall is right around the corner. My hook has seen a lot of yarn lately, and my project bag has been overflowing with hats. Its been a great way to use up yarn from my stash, and to get my Baby Squares fans thinking about keeping themselves and their kiddos warm in the coming months.


I think I'm starting to really enjoy making these hats with ear flaps. I didn't realize exactly how versatile a beanie could be!


I created this one with the bit of yarn I had left over from Emma's blanket.


And my hat collection wouldn't be complete without a tam or two, right? This is a personal favorite of mine. Whenever I'm having a not-so-good hair day or in a rush to get out the door, I can always throw on my tam, stick a couple of bobbie pins in to secure since I like my hat to sit half way my head, and go! I'm looking forward to adding a few new colors for myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment