Friday, January 21, 2011

We're In!

Never has a smile been so bright

I managed to do the unthinkable: I pulled one over on the girl. She had her suspicions, and there were times when I felt cornered, but I held on to my little secret; even with my car literally packed to the max, I held out. I'm glad I did. Do you see the sheer joy radiating off her face? That kind of excitement could only come at the end of a complete surprise.


She wasted no time spreading out a few of her favorite things. She immediately recognized the new found freedom of having her own personal space again, to do in whatever she wants, when she wants. She jumped up and down, and was completely wrapped up in the moment of "cool" and the idea of "no more rules". It is true, this here is a totally different place.

We settled in on our air mattress, snuggled in the comfort of each other, and the comfort in knowing that the storm that was, is now over.

Now, on to the storm of moving boxes and delivery trucks, at once!

7 comments:

  1. Congratulations ladies!!! Look at her as happy as she wants to be. I'm so very glad that things have worked out, I told you, didn't I!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes ma'am. You sure did =). Thanks Kiianah!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a beautiful smile! Good work in keeping the surprise. Congratulations again on your new HOME!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your new home! What a great way to start the new year! =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Katie and Debra!! Yes, a great way indeed =)

    ReplyDelete