Tuesday, January 22, 2013

It's Been a While...

Are we really 3 weeks into 2013 already?  And has it really been 360 whole days since the last time I've shared a thought?  And did I really just type, delete, retype, delete and retype those first 2 sentences?  Yes, yes, and guilty.  It's been a while.  I've had many thoughts.  I've journaled.  I've scribbled.  I've toyed around with the idea of cheating on my current journal, but decided not to.  I've asked friends about manuscripts.  I've supported passionate writing.  And finally, finally, I've jumped into a welcoming writing space, with folks who are there to support me.

It feels good to be back, if I am indeed really back.  It feels good to truly know that my voice is truly my own, and know that that is perfectly ok.  It feels good to sit in a cafe, and stare once out of the sectioned window, and once back into this screen, and know that I am no longer being screened.  The grande hot chocolate helps too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment