Sunday, April 10, 2011

After the Coils

Getting ready to head out to the Naturals Night Out event


I wish I could say that I had a fabulous coil out after removing my finger coils. Thanks to my itchy scalp, I did not. After a week I had to go ahead and wash. Ended up with my usual TWA. Since I waited until 2 hours before work to wash my hair there wasn't much styling I could do. I'm hoping to give the finger coils another shot later this month. I also want to give two-strand twists a try. I have 10 more days to make a birthday hairstyle decision. We'll see...

I had an amazing time at the Naturals Night Out event. There were a bunch of ladies in the building, with a bunch of cute styles, and we got to see THREE styling demonstrations, which included a cut. Not a big chop, but a nice cut that gave a growing head of curls a universal shape to play with. I learned some new things about cuts on curly girls, maintenance you can do at home, loc care, and got to sample some wonderful products from the Komaza Care line. The glass of champagne wasn't bad either. I love these events because I always walk away having met some great women, and reconnected with those that I usually on hang with virtually. I'm already looking forward to the next event, which I've heard will be around May 21st. I hope we have more events with more styling demonstrations. I'd love for someone who is passionate about natural hair care to get their hands in my head!

I didn't take any pictures this time, but there were lots of cameras in the building. I'll share some when they start to spring up.

No comments:

Post a Comment