Friday, July 30, 2010

Summer CURLabration and Hair Inspiration

This Saturday, Emma and I will be attending our very first natural hair meet up, put on by Cassadie of Natural Selection. I am extremely excited about this. Firstly, to be able to be in a room, look around, and see heads that will look like mine, and secondly, to be able to expose my daughter to a room full of beautiful women who will have hair that looks like hers. And if we're lucky, she'll be able to meet some little naturals as well.

I have been playing around with some looks for myself. I'll either be brushing my curls down and hoping for a few waves OR I'll be spritzing, running some Eco Styler Gel through and hoping for a few curls. I wont have a fresh line, but that's ok. I'm experimenting early. The Eco is in, has dried, and the curls are forming. I'll play around with laying them down and make a decision based on what I think looks best. For Emma, we're gonna go with a variation of the braid-hawk that Jada rocked at the 2010 BET Awards, and this cutesy pony-hawk featured on Beads Braids Beyond. My cornrowing skills still need a LOT of work, but, like I said, we'll be experimenting early, and choosing the best of the best of what I can come up with.

I'm looking forward to emerging from this meet up inspired, and with a few more kinky-curly haired friends.

3 comments:

  1. whoa...*I* want a pony-hawk! love that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE Jada's hair...gonna ask the girl if she feels like sitting between the knees tonight, it's a rainy day and I've got some snacks handy for the undertaking! I'll keep you posted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Tie: Me too! I gotta get those cornrowing skills down and its done =).

    @ T: We definitely wanna see the outcome of your session if it goes down. I am such a hairstyleophile, lol. You already know. Miss Yael is always so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete