Wednesday, May 4, 2011

In the Thick



- More photos from Naturals Night Out via Karen of Naturally Beautiful Hair Blog. My 'fro was completely doing its own thing due to some interesting results from some leave in conditioner, but I rocked it anyway. I love seeing everyone's point of view when they post their pictures, and I love when I find myself in them.

Hanging with Fatemeh of Fatemeh's Jewelry and Accessories

- I'm pretty unaffected by the death of Osama Bin Laden, except to say that the shock of some to the reactions of some is very interesting. Facebook was ablaze with status updates of disgust with the fact that we as Americans were not viewing Bin Laden as a human being, who was killed. We were instead celebrating the fact that it was us who killed him. While I agree that we really haven't gained anything to celebrate by Bin Laden's death, the act of standing around with pitch forks is nothing new in this country. I just hope that all who think Bin Laden's death means the "end" of something are not that foolish.

- Speaking of the government, Emma began standardized testing this week. Her thoughts on it:

"There will be questions that we wont know because the questions were created by people in the government who aren't in any schools. They don't know what 2nd graders know. 2nd graders know more about what we know than the government does." *tear*

Obviously her teacher has given the class a little low down on what lies beneath these tests. Nonetheless, she found the first day of testing to come easily.

- A little over a month left until the freedom of summer! Everybody wants to know what Emma will be doing for the summer. They wanna know which high priced camps she'll be attending. Listen, we're both looking forward to lounging and hanging. We miss days at the beach and fun at the water park. This is what we do during the summer time. We enjoy each other! I wont say that a camp is completely out of the question, but I wont be booking her entire summer with them.

- This end of this month marks 1 year post 2nd big chop for me! I still can't believe I'm coming up on a year of growth. With all of the fly low cuts around here, I'm both surprised and proud of myself for resisting the urge to go back to feeling the sun on my scalp. I've had a lot of inspiration though from watching the growth of so many others. I watch them and notice just how much my own hair has grown during this year period. I think I have a good 3 1/2 inches going on. I'm planning a blow out and length check to celebrate!


What's going on with you?

2 comments:

  1. I'm out for the summer, so I'm enjoying my break. I have a few summer classes, but it won't be that bad.

    P.S. I tried to visit your blog the other day, and it said blog could not be found. I thought you had quit blogging, but I'm glad to see that's not the case!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm still here *waves arms* :)

    Glad to hear that summer is upon you! We are counting down the days! Lol.

    ReplyDelete