Monday, May 30, 2011

Happy Memorial Day to You!


With the exception of a brave trip to the grocery store, we're spending this Memorial Day at home. Ironically, there isn't a grill going in the entire complex today. While Emma is taking advantage of a beautiful day spent outdoors, I've decided to get a head start on the week ahead. The iTunes are jumping, the washer is spinning, and the kitchen is all ready for me to start dinner. I've taken full advantage of this weekend "off", and I've done so guilt free.

To set the mood to my domestic day, I'm rocking an old favorite scarf in a turban style. I'm getting my Rosie the Riveter on. Believe it or not, its been a while since I've rocked a scarf and I needed a reminder of just how to pull it off. I used this fun turban tutorial by Natural Chica.


Scarves are some of the most functional accessories. I'm gonna want to rock this around town a lot, as well as some head wraps, so I think I need to get me some more pretty silk in my possession. And speaking of hair, the end of this month marks 1 year since my second big chop! Don't let this little puff of bang fool you, this girl's got some hair up under there!! I think I'm working with a good 3 1/2 inches or more. I'd planned to do a blow out, but I still haven't gotten my hands on my blow dryer yet. This is what I get for not packing it with the rest of my hair essentials. A blow out will be coming soon though, as well as a length check. Stay tuned.

I hope that all of you have had a great weekend with family and friends, and have taken some time to remember loved ones and other service men and women.

(Sidenote: What the hell is really going on with Blogger, and Youtube?!?)

No comments:

Post a Comment